As it approaches it’s November 5th launch, a lot of you may be wondering when you can start Pre-Downloading Call of Duty Vanguard on consoles and PC, as well as how many gigabytes the download will take up on your system.
If you haven’t pre-ordered the game digitally yet, you can do so by clicking here. Pre-Ordering the game will give you access to a multitude of in game content for Call of Duty: Vanguard, Call of Duty: Warzone and Black Ops Cold War.
- Task Force One leader Arthur Kingsley for Cold War & Warzone
- Night Raid Mastercraft SMG for Cold War & Warzone
- One seven-attachment SMG Weapon Blueprint for Vanguard
- One eight-attachment SMG Weapon Blueprint for Vanguard
- Ghost of War Ultra Skin Bundle for Cold War & Warzone | Pre-Orders before November 2nd
Pre-Load Dates & Times
People who pre-ordered digitally will be able to Pre-Download Call of Duty Vanguard so that it’s ready for launch. Pre-Downloading is available for all consoles, beginning at the following times.
- PlayStation 5 & PlayStation 4: Pre-Downloading begins on October 28th at 9PM PT in North America & South America. All other countries will begin on October 29th at midnight local time.
- Xbox One & Xbox S X|S: Preloading begins on October 28 at 9 PM PT.
If you purchased a digital version of the game but it does not download during the preload period, visit your platform’s first-party store and follow the prompts to begin the download. Ensure your console is updated to the latest firmware before attempting to preload the game.
Day One File Sizes & Required Space
Due to new on-demand texture streaming tech, Vanguard’s install size at launch will be significantly below that of previous Call of Duty releases – up to 30% – 50%+ of a file size difference on next-gen console and PC.
By console, these are the estimated file sizes needed to install Vanguard at launch, including via pre-loading, as well as the disk space needed to play the game:
- PlayStation 5: 64.13 GB Download | 89.84 GB Required Space
- PlayStation 4: 54.65 GB Download | 93.12 GB Required Space
- Xbox Series X |S: 61 GB Download | 61 GB Required Space
- Xbox One: 56.6 GB Download | 56.6 GB Required Space
PC Dates, Sizes & More
People who pre-ordered Call of Duty: Vanguard can start to Pre-Load for PC beginning on November 2 at 10am PT or 1pm EST. Down below will be all the sizes for the game once the installation has completed:
- Minimum: 36 GB at launch (Multiplayer and Zombies only)
- Recommended/Competitive/Ultra 4k: 61 GB at launch
Hi-Rez Assets Cache
- Minimum/Recommended/Competitive: Up to 32 GB
- Ultra 4k: Up to 64 GB
Hi-Rez Assets Cache is optional disk space that can be used to stream high resolution assets. That option can be turned off in the game’s settings.
Sources: Call of Duty Blog