Cold Wars November 2nd Patch Notes have officially been released by the developers over at Treyarch Studios, with this update comes a bunch of new content that will keep the game going for fans of the game.
The patch comes as a mid-season update for Black Ops Cold War’s Season 6, which has has been filled with a good amount of content already with The Haunting Event that began near the beginning of the season.
Although Season 6 has been filled with plenty to do, Treyarch has a whole list of things coming that can be found in the Cold Wars November 2nd patch notes, they include everything from Multiplayer to Zombies for Casuals to Dedicated players.
So we have compiled everything you need to know about the Mid-Season update for Black Ops Cold War down below.
NEW SEASON SIX CONTENT INCOMING
With The Haunting behind us, we’re bringing a new batch of Season Six content to Black Ops Cold War in our 9PM PT update, including the new Hammer & Sickle Melee weapon, 100 Percenter Challenge rewards, new Prestige Shop content to unlock, and the launch of Onslaught in Zombies on all platforms for everyone to enjoy!
In Multiplayer, 18-player Infected continues this week, and we’re bringing back Nuketown 24/7, 3v3 Gunfight Snipers Only, and Throwback Moshpit, featuring Nuketown ’84 and our remastered classics from Black Ops and Black Ops II. In addition to the Hammer & Sickle, the LAPA SMG can now be unlocked in Multiplayer and Zombies via weapon unlock challenge in case you missed it during The Haunting, and new rewards have been added for winners of our latest Gunfight Tournament.
100 PERCENTER REWARDS
For all you completionists out there, we’re adding new “100 Percenter” Challenge rewards for Multiplayer, Zombies, and Campaign as an added bonus on top of all the extra XP you’ve earned along the way. Players will now be rewarded with new Animated Master Calling Cards when they complete 100% of all Challenges in each mode, excluding Dark Ops Challenges.
If you’ve already completed all Challenges in any given mode, your Animated Calling Card will be rewarded retroactively. Check your inventory at the Barracks and update your Calling Card Showcase to show off your Black Ops Cold War mastery.
PRESTIGE SHOP UPDATES + MORE
The Prestige Shop is getting a new batch of content to unlock with this update! Trade in your Prestige Keys for the new “Vicarious” Tactical Rifle Weapon Blueprint, new Legacy Calling Cards, and additional Animated Calling Cards from previous Call of Duty games.
Note: You’ll continue to earn Prestige Keys in Black Ops Cold War at every 50 Season Levels after Season Six ends and Call of Duty®: Vanguard Season One begins. All earned Prestige-related content will also remain unlocked, and your Prestige Master Ribbon progression will carry over into Vanguard, with six new Prestige Master Ribbons being added to the system to immortalize your Prestige Master progress.
ZOMBIES ONSLAUGHT ON ALL PLATFORMS
With Season Six fully released and our next Zombies chapter just days away in Vanguard, we’re proud to have provided the most diverse offering of Zombies experiences in a Black Ops game to date over the past year, including:
- 4 unique round-based maps
- 8 Outbreak Regions
- 6 Main Quests
- 23 Onslaught maps
- Dead Ops Arcade 3
- New Zombies modes: Cranked, Jingle Hells, Outbreak Survival, Hallows’ Eve Outbreak, Dead Ops Arcade: First-Person, Onslaught Containment, Onslaught Mystery Munitions, Onslaught Accelerated, Onslaught Diminishing Light, Onslaught Elite & more.
In our 9PM PT update, we’re excited to bring Onslaught to Zombies players on all platforms, packed with 20+ maps and tons of Dark Aether narrative Intel to unlock. Jump into Onslaught and Onslaught Containment for intense 2-player experiences where the undead surges increase in intensity as the rounds go up. Keep the Dark Aether Orb powered up with the souls of your enemies and don’t get left behind in the Phase!
NEW ZOMBIES UPDATES
In round-based maps, we’re cranking up the Rampage Inducer’s effects all the way up to Round 55 for those hungry for a more intense experience beyond the original 20-round limit. To fit the new round cap, we’re tweaking the Rampage Inducer’s chance to spawn Super Sprinters based on community feedback. The Super Sprinter spawn rate will now begin at 20% (formerly 50%) and increase by 5% every five rounds (25% chance at Rounds 5-9, 30% chance at Rounds 10-14, etc.) to make earlier rounds slightly more manageable before things get truly wild.
We’re also updating the Mystery Box and Trials rewards to include weapons from Seasons Four and Five, and Outbreak players will now start the match with 1,000 Essence (previously 500). In “Firebase Z,” we’ve addressed an issue where the Orda was pretty much unkillable with three or four players during Assault Rounds, as well as various other bug & stability fixes. See below for the full list of additional incoming Zombies updates.
SEASON SIX OUTRO CINEMATIC
With Adler deprogrammed and Perseus’s plans interrupted, there’s nowhere left to run. Woods, Mason, Hudson, and Adler rush to Verdansk to confront Stitch and discover the true whereabouts of Perseus. Watch the Season Six Outro Cinematic to see how it ends, and check out the new Cinematic Archive in the Barracks to watch story cinematics from previous seasons.
As Season Six draws to a close, a new chapter is about to begin…
CALL OF DUTY: VANGUARD LAUNCHES NOV. 5
Vanguard arrives Nov. 5th, delivering the continuation of the Dark Aether story with “Der Anfang,” developed by Treyarch. Check out our new gameplay guide for all the details on the Dark Aether entities, Covenants, Artifacts, Perks, Weapon Tiers, Custom Loadouts, and new narrative voices coming to Zombies to get ready for launch.
As a reminder, all XP earned in Vanguard during the Preseason will also apply to your Season Six progression and Battle Pass in Black Ops Cold War and Warzone, so you’ll never miss out on progress across games while you’re playing Vanguard Zombies. See you in-game on Friday!
In the meantime, here’s what’s coming to Black Ops Cold War starting at 9PM PT:
- Hammer & Sickle
- New Melee weapon now available via weapon unlock challenges in Multiplayer and Zombies, or via Store bundle.
- New weapon unlock challenge added to Multiplayer and Zombies for the LAPA SMG.
- 100 Percenter Rewards
- Added “100 Percenter” Challenge rewards for Multiplayer, Zombies, and Campaign.
- Players are now awarded an Animated Calling Card when they complete 100% of Challenges in each mode.
- Dark Ops Challenges are not required to earn 100 Percenter Calling Cards.
- Players who have already completed all Challenges in a given mode will be awarded the Calling Card retroactively.
- New Weapon Blueprint
- Added new “Vicarious” Tactical Rifle Weapon Blueprint to the Prestige Shop.
- Legacy Calling Cards
- Added new Legacy Calling Cards and Animated Calling Cards to the Prestige Shop.
- Added new Cinematic Archive to the Barracks where players can watch cinematics from previous seasons.
- Players will now be prompted with an option to uninstall the Black Ops Cold War Campaign to free up disk space.
- All Campaign save data will be retained and the mode can be reinstalled at any time.
- Throwback Moshpit
- Added updated Throwback Moshpit playlist featuring Nuketown ’84 and remastered maps from Black Ops and Black Ops II.
- Gunfight Tournament
- Added new rewards for the latest Gunfight Tournament.
- Nuketown 24/7
- Throwback Moshpit [NEW]
- 3v3 Gunfight Snipers Only [NEW]
- Face Off 6v6
- Party Games
- All Platforms
- Onslaught available on all platforms starting at 9PM PT Nov. 2nd, including 23 maps across Onslaught and Onslaught Containment:
- The Pines
- Onslaught Containment
- Game Show
- Nuketown ‘84
- Addressed an issue where progress for the Onslaught Containment challenge “Contained” was being tracked when playing standard Onslaught.
- Rampage Inducer
- Rampage Inducer effects now last until Round 55 (previously ended on Round 20).
- Adjusted chance to spawn Super Sprinters based on community feedback. Super Sprinter spawn rate now begins at 20% (originally 50%) and increases 5% every 5 rounds while Rampage Inducer is active (25% chance at Rounds 5-9, 30% chance at Rounds 10-14, and so on).
- Addressed an issue in “Firebase Z” where the Orda was unintentionally difficult to kill during Assault Waves from Round 30 onward in 3-player and 4-player games.
- Addressed an issue where players could lose control of the ARC-XD when driving near the underground facility entrance doors on “Die Maschine.”
- Closed exploits that allowed players to reach unintended locations in “Die Maschine,” “Firebase Z,” and “Mauer Der Toten.”
- Closed various zombie pathing exploits in “Forsaken.”
- Addressed various stability issues in “Forsaken” related to arcade games, the Main Quest, and the Chrysalax Wonder Weapon.
- Addressed an issue where certain audio was missing during Exfil in “Forsaken.”
- Addressed an issue where Kravchenko’s knife was missing during the “Firebase Z” ending cutscene.
- Players will now start with 1,000 Essence in Outbreak (previously 500).
- Weapons from Seasons Four and Five can now be acquired from the Mystery Box.
- Weapons from Seasons Four and Five can now be acquired as possible rewards.
- Addressed an issue where Chalices were being incorrectly awarded in limited-time modes.
- PhD Slider can now be purchased in offline Local play.
- The Hand Cannon and ARC-XD can now be crafted in offline Local play.
- Outbreak (Endless and 3 Region)
- Mauer der Toten
- Firebase Z
- Die Maschine
- Onslaught (All Platforms)
- Onslaught Containment (All Platforms)
- Dead Ops Arcade 3 (Standard and First-Person)
Sources: Treyarch Blog
Image Credits: Activision, Treyarch